Friday 20 May 2016

New Rock and Metal Releases playlist and notable recent releases

The Spotify playlist that I've used for the last couple of years for discovering new Rock / Metal releases hasn't been getting many updates recently, so I've had to start doing the legwork myself - my own playlist is here:

New Rock and Metal Releases

A few notable recent additions are:

Inner Blast - Prophesy : The epic / symphonic sound is getting very familiar now, but what's not to love? It's a great sound and the songwriting / arranging is particularly good here and rewards a few listens. Debut full-length album so I'm really looking forward to hearing what they produce as they mature.


Why does the cover bear more than a passing resemblance to Known-Learnt from Arcane? Same artist? Both inspired by something else? Anyone know?

Holy Dragons - Civilizator : Great old-school metal verging on thrash at times with twin leads and double-bass drum. Soaring vocals with harmonies but just enough roughness. A brilliant sound a la Maiden / Priest, I don't know how I've missed them before now, superb.


Shiraz Lane - For Crying Out Loud : Oh those Scandinavians. This is more hard rock / melodic, and very well done. Vocals are a bit high-pitched for me, but I love the way Hannes Kett sounds like Dave Mustaine when he growls.


Kvelertak - Nattesferd : I don't usually go for full-on death growl, but I find Erlend Hjelvik's vocals a little more accessible and the music is excellent, thrash dipping a toe into melodic metal maybe? I don't know but I love it.



I'm just adding to the New Rock and Metal Releases playlist all the time. Hit the 'Follow' button and sort it by date to keep up with the new additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment