Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Tombfiller, from Graveyard by Sigh

I must give a special mention to this specific track. The album, Graveyard by Sigh, is in my favourite albums of the year collection but this track in particular brings me joy.

It's a real symphonic epic and much has gone into the orchestration. I'm not the biggest fan of death growl vocals but the total sound in the chorus conjures up some kind of danse macabre beautifully. Superb guitar solo near the end, something that's sadly gone out of fashion in recent years, I hope it's making a comeback, so many guitarists (such as You Oshima here) have so much to contribute.

Is that 'Rhythm of Life' (the Broadway song) I can hear going on in the music? (I thought I caught that title in the lyrics somewhere but I'm probably mistaken). A very funny and ironic reference if it is deliberate.


No comments:

Post a Comment